Tuesday 29 May 2018

STEAMPUNK TRIPTYCH

Morning all,
Today, I’m sharing my latest DT project for Daisy’s Jewels and Crafts - Steampunk Triptych. This is my last steampunk project for the steampunk month of May.
I used Daisy’s 3 plaques with joining holes, also referred to as a Triptych. I used a product called Tyvek, which I’ve had for a while, but totally forgotten I had lol. This is so fun to use! I painted it, then glued it to the already painted mdf. Then, using my heat gun, I melted the Tyvek. If you haven’t used this stuff before, I’d definitely recommend it!
I then coloured some greyboard clocks and cogs and arranged them on the frames.
For the inserts, I used Craft Box’s first paper collection ‘The other side’ These are stunning papers and the colours brought out the colours in the frame beautifully.
I joined the panels with TH mini book rings, to give it more urban/steampunk life ok. I hope you like it xx
Products used:
Daisy’s mdf 3 plaques with joining holes
Daisy’s mdf glue
Craft Box 12x12 papers “The Other Side”
Mod podge
DecoArt Quinacridone Gold & Prussian Blue Hue paint
That’s Crafty Tyvek sheets
That’s Crafty surfaces - greyboard cogs & grunge clocks
Walnut Stain & Rusty Hinge distress ink
Tim Holtz dies-ology mini book rings




No comments:

Post a Comment