Sunday 3 December 2017

ABSTRACT BUTTERFLY HANGING

Morning everyone,
Today, I’m sharing my latest DT project for Daisy’s Jewels and Crafts - Abstract Butterfly hanging, using the Large mdf filigree butterfly (pack of 3)
For this I made two holes at the top (comes without holes) which is very easy.
I wanted to make it a wall hanging, so threaded some ribbon through the holes.
I chose a few colours of paint and, very randomly, splotched (technical term! 😜 lol) paint in various areas. Then, using a few techniques, as well as different stamps, went over the top with other colours, in various inks.
I love the retro and abstract look it gave it.
I then painted one of the mdf words from Daisy’s “Beautiful” and attached it to the bottom (using Daisy’s mdf glue)
Lastly, I added a few self adhesive coloured pearls xx

Products used:
Daisy’s mdf filigree trio butterflies - large one
Daisy’s mdf words “Beautiful”
Daisy’s mdf glue
Dylusions paints: Vanilla custard, Peony blush, Mushy peas, Rose quartz, Periwinkle blue, Laidback lilac
Antique Linen Distress paint
Tonic Nuvo Hybrid ink pads: Black Shadow, Empire Blue, Poppy Red, Safari Green
Tim Holtz idea-ology Christmas cling foam stamp
Pebeo white gesso
Crafter’s Companion spray & shine
Self adhesive gems
Red organza ribbon


2 comments: