Wednesday 11 January 2017

Steampunk multimedia

So, I decided to try something very different today. I've been watching a lot of shows on multimedia, and becoming extremely interested in the whole steampunk thing.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics during making it. But, I'll try to explain as best I can how I made it, and what materials I used.
Firstly, I painted the MDF art board in a layer of white gesso. Once that had dried I put the stencil over half of the board and spread the texture sand paste through it. Then I painted a layer of the acrylic paint over the whole thing.
Once that had dried I applied some distress ink to a few areas, and highlighted areas with the gilding wax, especially the textured area.
Meanwhile, I die cut the cogs and gears onto kraft card, and stained them with the distress ink, then added bits of the acrylic paint and gilding wax. I also did this to the wooden embellishments and the paper flowers.
I then stamped "To your own art be true" to the board.
Using Collal 3D glue gel, I added all the components.
It was a very messy make, but very enjoyable indeed 😊

Materials used:

MDF art board - inkylicious.co.uk
Pebeo white gesso
Tim Holtz stencil 'bubbles'
DecoArt texture sand paste
DecoArt dazzling metallic acrylic paint - Peacock Pearl
Walnut Stain distress ink
Pebeo Empire Gold gilding wax
Sara's signature collection, just for men, cogs and gears dies
Kraft card
Wooden clock and frame - The Works
White paper flowers
Leonie Pujol 'Hey there dreamer' rubber stamp set
Collal 3D glue gel






2 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love the colour and the texture. Thank you for explaining how to make it :-) Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank u. You're very welcome indeed xx

      Delete